The perfect vegetable side dish
This lemony roasted asparagus recipe is a wonderful addition to any dish. It’s so simple to cook but so flavoursome. We love serving it with pasta dishes, warm salads and risottos. It’s a great way to add extra green veggies to a meal. The lemon juice brings out the lovely delicate flavour of the asparagus whilst also giving it a little added freshness.
Asparagus is also currently in season, which is another reason to be eating it right now. We really try to eat seasonally where possible, so make sure you enjoy this recipe soon whilst asparagus is at its best!
A simple asparagus recipe
This asparagus recipe only has five ingredients: asparagus, oil, salt, pepper & lemon. You’ll probably have most of this at home already! Just pop all the asparagus on a baking tray and add the remaining ingredients, toss and then roast for 15 minutes. You can have it cooking in the oven whilst you get on with cooking the rest of your meal.
This recipe is:
- very simple, using only 5 ingredients
- vegan, dairy-free & gluten-free
- a delicious vegan dish
Simple Lemony Roasted Asparagus Recipe
- 2 packs asparagus ends trimmed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 lemon juiced
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celcius.
- Place the asparagus on a baking tray. Drizzle with oil, and sprinkle on the salt and pepper. Lastly, squeeze over the lemon juice. Toss to cover the asparagus.
- Place in the oven and cook for 15 minutes.
- 2.3g protein
- 4.9g carbs
- 4.7g fat