This creamy sausage pasta is the perfect weeknight meal.
We love creamy pasta sauces. Our go-to is usually a cashew cream-based sauce. However, today’s recipe for this creamy vegan sausage pasta is made using a vegan single cream. We used Oatly’s cream. It’s got a great flavour and texture, and it isn’t too sweet, which makes it perfect for this savoury dish. We used Meatless Farm Co’s plant-based sausages, which are one of our go-to vegan sausages. We’ll be doing a full review of their range next week. One-pot dishes like this are so easy to make. Everything goes in the same pan, except the pasta, which we cooked separately, then added near the end. Whip this up for a weeknight meal for yourself or the whole family. If reheating, add in a splash of vegan cream or some almond milk and stir it in.
It’s full of delicious flavours!
We’ve added in some zingy lemon, dried herbs, fresh basil, chilli flakes for a kick and some spinach as well for those added greens we all need! If you like some heat, add in extra chilli flakes! We’ve toned it down in this recipe, so it’s just a hint of spice, but there’s definitely room for more! You could serve this pasta dish with a lovely fresh side salad or some vegan garlic bread if you’re extra hungry! Although it’s currently summer, this can absolutely be enjoyed at any time of year. It’s warming and comforting but also fresh and herby. Like the look of this recipe? Then we think you’ll love our Spaghetti Aglio e Olio and our Wild Garlic & Asparagus Risotto.
This recipe is:
- Creamy, spicy and lemony
- Vegan & dairy-free
- Great for weeknight dinners
- Simple & easy
Easy Vegan Creamy Sausage Pasta
- glug of oil
- 1/2 a white onion diced
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- 4 vegan sausages sliced
- 2 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 200 ml vegetable stock 1 stock cube
- 200 ml vegan cream
- pinch of chilli flakes
- pinch of salt
- pinch of pepper
- 150 g penne pasta
- 1 large handful of spinach roughly chopped
- 1 small handful of fresh basil roughly chopped
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan on medium heat. Then add in the onion and cook for a few minutes until soft. Now add in the garlic and cook for a further minute of 2. Next, add in chopped vegan sausages and fry for about 8-10 minutes.
- Once the vegan sausages have started to brown slightly, add the mixed herbs, stir through, then add the vegan stock. Turn the heat down low and cook for 5 minutes.
- Whilst the stock is reducing, put the penne on to cook. Place the pasta in a pan of salted hot water and cook for 12 minutes.
- Come back to your frying pan and add half the vegan cream, chilli flakes, salt and pepper. Stir through for a few minutes.
- Once your pasta is cooked, drain the water, then add the pasta to the frying pan with the vegan sausage sauce. Stir through and then add the spinach and basil. Keep staring until the spinach has wilted. Add in the juice of half a lemon and stir to combine. Then finally add in the last remaining 100ml of vegan cream. Stir and serve.
- 24.8g protein
- 64.2g carbs
- 37.6g fat