This vegan cauliflower and white bean soup is creamy, comforting and delicious.
Long winter days call for endless bowls of warming soup, just like this vegan cauliflower soup. We particularly like using seasonal veg to make our soups. It tastes better and it’s always great to use produce grown in the UK when you can. We’ve used a few of our favourite veggies for this recipe: cauliflower and leeks. Some of the other delicious ingredients we’ve used are thyme, rosemary and white beans. We’ve added the white beans in as an additional plant based protein. This is something we should all be mindful of, vegan or not. Not only are white beans a great source of protein, but when blended, they add a lovely creamy texture to the dish.
This vegan cauliflower and white bean soup is everything you want in a bowl. When you’re looking for that dish that gives you the feeling of a warm hug, this soup does the trick! It takes less than 30 minutes to make, and it’s just a case of throwing most of the ingredients into a pan, cooking it, then blending. What could be more simple than that? Make this soup up in big batches at the weekend ready for the week ahead, ensuring that you always have a quick lunch or light dinner ready for you when you need it.
We like to add a few tasty toasted almonds to the top, a drizzle of oil and some freshly cut herbs. However, feel free to add whatever toppings you enjoy the most. We think some roasted whole cauliflower would be a delicious addition. Some crunchy croutons for extra texture would work wonderfully too. Enjoy this soup on its own, or with some crusty bread to dip in!
If you love warming winter soups, why not check out our other recipe for a Mediterranean Tomato And Cannellini Bean Soup!
Vegan Cauliflower and White Bean Soup
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 2 leeks chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 cauliflower chopped into florets
- 1 tin cannellini beans or white beans drained
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary
- 1/2 lemon juice
- 1 l vegetable stock 2 cubes
- 100 ml soya cream
- toasted almond flakes
- oilve oil to drizzle
- fresh herbs
- Steam the cauliflower. Then heat the rapeseed oil in a deep saucepan on a medium heat. When hot, add the chopped onion, garlic and leeks and the salt and pepper. Cook on a medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- The cauliflower should now be cooked. Add it to the pan with the beans, thyme, rosemary, lemon and vegetable stock. Stir together on the heat, then blend using an immersion blender.
- Once the soup is smooth, stop blending and stir in the soya cream. Leave on a low heat for a few minutes whilst you toast your flaked almonds. Serve in bowls and top with a drizzle of oil, fresh herbs, pepper and the toasted flaked almonds.