We love a good vegan curry!
Especially when it’s super easy to make and totally delicious! Our vegan aubergine korma is perfect for a weeknight meal and is lovely and aromatic. We’ve created this curry recipe so that it’s not too spicy, which makes it a perfect dinner to cook for the whole family.
If you don’t know what to eat, try this aubergine curry recipe.
We know how it feels, it’s the end of the day, and things are slowing down; you simply want to kick back and relax with a tasty dinner, but the idea of cooking seems like way more effort than it’s worth. A takeaway is starting to seem like a pretty good option, but it’s going to be ages before you can decide what you want, and even longer till your chosen place can deliver! It’s the frustrating times like these that you need that lifesaver recipe, a meal that’s simple and quick to make but doesn’t compromise on flavour.
That’s why one of the things that we are always on the lookout for is new ways to spice up our everyday weeknight meals. We developed our Aubergine Korma to satisfy all of those needs. It’s simple to make, totally delicious, and doesn’t require any strange ingredients. One of my favourite things is that it takes less than 30 minutes to cook from beginning to end and doesn’t require you to watch it like a hawk. After the initial stages are over and the aubergine curry is bubbling away, you only need to return to it every once in a while to ensure it’s not sticking to the pan.
Our aubergine curry is deliciously aromatic without being overpoweringly spicy.
Although we love spicy curry, we know not everyone does. Heat and spice are fantastic tools, but not every curry has to blow your head off. Our aubergine curry is warming, creamy and aromatic. It’s deliciously spiced without being spicy, which makes it a perfect curry to cook for the whole family.
Our korma spice mix that we’ve created works perfectly for the aubergine.
The aubergine does an excellent job collecting and soaking up all the lovely nutty flavours from the almonds and the deeper savoury spice flavours from the cardamom and cumin. But if aubergine isn’t your thing, or you can’t get a hold of it, you can easily swap out the aubergine, and it would still be just as delicious. If you’d like some more protein, try using tofu or a vegan chicken alternative instead. Mushrooms would also make a great swap, particularly oyster mushrooms, because they have a wonderful meaty texture. Although, if you can’t get your hands on some oyster mushrooms, large flat white mushrooms or portabello mushrooms will work.
Our Vegan Aubergine Curry Recipe is:
- A Simple and Easy Recipe
- Rich and Delicious
- Vegan & Veggie
- Gluten Free
- Perfect for the whole family
If you enjoyed this recipe, try one of our other delicious recipes:
- Chickpea Curry With Creamy Peanut Butter Sauce
- Roasted Butternut Squash Vegan Daal Recipe
- Vegan Spaghetti Aglio E Olio
Vegan Aubergine Korma Curry
For the spice mix
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger grated
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp cardamom
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 4 tbsp ground almonds
- 4 tsp tomato puree
- 200 ml vegan yoghurt
- 2 aubergines cut into chunks
For the aubergine korma curry
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 brown onion diced
- 250 ml veg stock
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 100 ml vegan cream
- Fresh coriander
- Flaked almonds toasted
- Naan or rice
- Add the garlic, ginger, garam masala, turmeric, cumin, coriander, cardamom, salt, pepper, ground almonds and tomato paste to a bowl and stir together to combine.
- Add the aubergine chunks to a mixing bowl, then add the spice mix along with the vegan yoghurt. Stir to cover and leave to one side.
- Heat the oil in a large pan, then add the onion and cook until they're soft and translucent. Now add in the creamy-covered aubergine chunks and stir for a few minutes. Now add the vegetable stock, sugar and vegan cream and cook for 15 minutes until the aubergine is soft and tender and the sauce has reduced.
- Serve with rice or naan and top with toasted almond flakes and fresh coriander.