A 15-minute meal to mix up your weeknight dinners.
This noodle recipe might be the fastest noodles we’ve ever made! They’re so quick, but oh so tasty too. The ingredients for the sauce are all mixed in a bowl, then all you need to do is heat the sesame oil and add it to the sauce. We’ve got miso paste for a unique umami flavour, some gochujang for a bit of spice and tang, and some smooth peanut butter to add a creamy, nutty flavour. This trio of flavours creates a rich, creamy sauce that’s packed with flavour and only takes a few minutes to prepare.
Once the sesame oil has been stirred into the sauce, you can add your cooked noodles of choice, and they’re ready to eat. If you’re really pushed for time, you could definitely have the noodles cooked this way on their own. It’s such a great meal if you’ve come back from the pub after a few drinks, or if you’re feeling a bit hungover from the night before… It takes zero effort to make but it’s such warming, tasty comfort food.
We’ve added some crispy fried crumbled salt and pepper tofu to this dish to bulk it out and add in some protein and extra nutrition. The tofu also takes no time at all to make. You need to crumble your block of tofu into the cornflour, salt, and pepper mix, then fry it for about 5-10 minutes in some oil in a pan. You can be doing this whilst your noodles cook, so it doesn’t add much time overall to this recipe.
This sizzling sesame oil noodle recipe is full of flavour.
The flavour from the noodle sauce really packs a punch! It’s pretty firey from the gochujang, so if you’re not too keen on spice, then we’d recommend dialling back on it. We suggest adding 1/2 or even 1/4 of a tablespoon instead of 1 whole tablespoon of gochujang. The peanut butter helps to take the edge off the spice, as does the maple syrup, which brings a subtle sweetness.
We’ve added a crispy fried crumbled salt and pepper tofu to the noodles for some extra protein. By crumbling the tofu instead of chopping it into cubes, you get lots more surface area, which means lots more crispy bits! It goes perfectly with the rich, creamy, spicy noodles. To finish this dish off we’ve topped it with some sliced spring onions, fresh coriander and crushed peanuts.
This sizzling sesame oil with salt & pepper tofu noodle recipe is:
- a super easy weeknight meal
- ready in 15 minutes
- hot & spicy
- full of flavour
If you enjoyed this noodle recipe, try one of our other delicious recipes:
- Thai Inspired Noodle Salad
- Gochujang Tofu Noodle Bowl
- Aubergine & Tofu Hoisin Tray Bake
- Sweet Sticky Ginger Tofu
Sizzling Spicy Sesame Oil Noodle Recipe – 15 Minute Meal
For the noodle sauce
- 2 tbsp white miso paste
- 2 tbsp smooth peanut butter
- 1 tbsp gochujang
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 a lime juiced
- 4 tbsp sesame oil
For the crispy tofu
- glug of cooking oil
- 1 block of firm tofu
- a few big tablespoons of cornflour
- 2 big pinches of salt
- 1/2 tbsp black pepper
For the noodles
- 2 noodle packets
- 2 tbsp peanuts crushed
- 1 spring onion finely sliced
- 2 lime wedges
- a small handful of coriander roughly chopped
- Start by making the noodle sauce. Add to a bowl the miso paste, peanut butter, gochujang, garlic, maple syrup, soy sauce and lime juice. Whisk together then stir to one side.
- Add the cornflour, salt and pepper to a large shallow bowl and combine. Crumble in the tofu. The tofu pieces can be all different sizes.
- Heat some oil in a large non-stick pan, then once hot, add in the crumbled tofu and cook for 5-8 minutes until golden and crispy, stirring regularly.
- Whilst the tofu is cooking, cook your noodles according to the packet instructions. You can also heat up the sesame oil in a saucepan. Heat until smoking and sizzling. Then pour immediately into the noodle sauce and stir.
- Drain the noodles and add them into the sauce and mix to coat.
- Serve up the noodles, then top with the crispy salt and pepper tofu, some sliced spring onions, coriander, a lime wedge, and some crushed peanuts.