The classic cheese toastie
A classic cheese toastie is one of those simple warming dishes that always hits the spot. The crunchy toasted bread and the warm melted vegan cheese are a match made in heaven. I’ve always loved a toastie alongside a bowl of tomato soup. It’s such a nostalgic combo, it always takes me back to cold winter days.
Everyone has their favourite version of the cheese toastie
Some people love the minimal classic, and others love a mega-loaded toastie stacked full to the brim. I can’t say which is the best cheese toastie, that’s totally up to you! However, I can tell you that for us, this vegan bacon, cranberry, and camembert toastie is one of our all-time favourites! We think you’re going to love it!
Making it vegan!
There are so many different vegan cheese options that would work in a toastie. Check out this recipe for a deliciously melty homemade cheese. This specific recipe doesn’t require homemade cheese, however, making it by far the easiest vegan cheese toastie ever! This recipe was born the moment we saw the Nurishh vegan camembert on the shelves of our local Sainsbury’s. We just knew we had to pair it with vegan bacon and cranberry sauce to create this ultimate vegan toastie!
Nurishh vegan camembert cheese
The key to this recipe is the delicious vegan camembert from Nurishh. It gives this toastie heaps of flavour and makes it unbelievably simple to make. This easy vegan recipe has a total of 5 ingredients: bread, vegan butter, vegan cheese, vegan bacon, and cranberry sauce. For our recipe, we’ve used sourdough bread cut thick, to ensure the outside toasts nicely and the inside stays lovely and soft!
This vegan toastie recipe is:
- super satisfying
- savoury, sweet, salty and crunchy
- perfect for lunch
- filled with plant-based protein
- vegan, dairy-free and egg-free
Vegan bacon, cranberry and camembert cheese toastie
- 4 slices bread sourdough, thick cut
- 8 tsp vegan butter
- 6 slices vegan camembert 1/2 a wheel of Nurishh – 70g
- 4 tbsp cranberry sauce
- 10 rashers vegan bacon THIS Isn’t bacon
- vegetable oil for cooking the bacon
- Fry the vegan bacon in some oil, according to the packet instructions.
- Butter both side of your bread. Once the vegan bacon is cooked, layer up the toastie ingredients. First spread the cranberry sauce, then add the vegan bacon slices, then the vegan camembert, the top with the second slice of bread.
- Place the toasty in a hot pan and fry for 2 minutes, then flip and fry for a further 2 minutes.