This deconstructed vegan sushi bowl is perfect for when you need a quick weeknight meal
We love a quick and delicious dinner recipe. Of course, it’s always great to take your time over certain meals, especially when cooking for special occasions. But it’s also very useful to have a bunch of quick go-to meals that you can make when you know you’re strapped for time. This sushi bowl is perfect for that! It only takes 20 minutes to prepare and cook, which might just be a record time for one of our recipes! Most of the ingredients are raw uncooked veggies, which are not only easy to prepare, but they’re also really good for you! The two elements that need cooking are the rice, which couldn’t be more simple, and the crispy vegan duck. We’ve suggested you use Linda McCartney’s Shredded Hoisin Duck, which you just need to fry in some oil for 7-8 minutes. If you can’t get your hands on this brand, then any other vegan crispy duck would work just as well.
A super fresh bowl filled with delicious veggies
This vegan sushi bowl has all the ingredients you might expect to see in your favourite vegan sushi. We’ve got rice, nori, crispy vegan duck, avocado, edamame beans, cucumber, carrot, pickled pink ginger, spring onions, sesame seeds and hoisin sauce. It’s packed full of so many delicious veggies, you’ll be left feeling full and satisfied!
This bowl is:
- 100& vegan
- full of delicious vegetables
- super quick to prepare and cook
- a great easy weeknight meal
- fresh and filling
If you like the sound of this recipe, we think you’ll really enjoy these:
Vegan Sushi Bowl
- 100 g white rice
- 1 tbsp rice bran oil
- 1/2 pack vegan shredded duck 300g in full pack
- 1 avocado sliced
- 70 g edamame beans
- 2 nori sheets sliced into strips
- 1/4 of a cucumber sliced into rounds
- 1 carrot cut into thin batons
- 2 tbsp pickled pink ginger
- 1 spring onion thinly sliced
- black sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp hoisin sauce for drizzling on top
- Put the rice on to cook in a pan of boiling water, and simmer for 10-12 minutes.
- Whilst the rice is cooking, prepare the crispy vegan duck. We used Linda McCartney Shredded Hoisin Duck. Fry in a small amount of oil for 7-8 minutes.
- Build your sushi bowl by placing all the ingredients in a bowl, and top with the sliced spring onions, sesame seeds and a drizzle of hoisin sauce.
- 31g protein
- 75g carbs
- 27g fat