A twist on a classic avocado dip
Like everyone else, I love a good piece of toast topped with some smashed avocado! I love all kinds of guacamole, regardless of how simple or complex, your recipe may be. Simply, I love creamy vegan avocado however it’s served. Yet, even sometimes, the majestic avocado can get repetitive, which is why we created this recipe. Avo & Edamame dip is our variation on an avocado dip that’s perfect both on toast or as a dip with a chip.
This avocado dip is fresh and zingy.
The mint and lemon juice work together perfectly to cut through the avocado, and it helps to set this dip apart from any other. You could totally serve this on a table alongside regular guacamole, and it would hold its own. This is a great dip for when it’s hot out. We love to make it just before it’s served because of the frozen edamame. It makes this dip super fresh and cold, which is perfect for a BBQ on a summers day.
It’s really quick to make up.
You just throw it all in a blender or food processor and hit go! Most of the ingredients you’ll probably already have in, perhaps apart from the edamame. We started keeping a bag of edamame in the freezer, and it’s always there for when we want it. Between making this up to spread on some toast for breakfast, and our Sushi Bowl, we can get through it fast. If you don’t have any edamame, you could swap it out for frozen peas.
This dip recipe is:
- Vegan, dairy-free & gluten-free
- Fresh and zingy
- Perfect in the heat
- Versatile, have it on toast or as a BBQ side
If you liked this recipe, we’re sure you’ll also like these:
- Cashew Cream Recipe (Easy Vegan Recipe)
- Super Green Kale And Walnut Pesto
- Homemade Vegan BBQ Sauce recipe – Simple and Easy
Easy Avocado Dip with Edamame – Fresh and Cooling
- Blender/Food processor
- 1 whole avocado
- 60 g frozen edamame
- 1 small handful mint roughly chopped, about 5g
- 1/2 whole lemon juiced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 whole spring onion sliced
- 1 pinch sesame seeds black
- 1/2 small handful frozen edamame
- Add the avocado, frozen edamame beans, mint, lemon juice, salt and pepper to a blender, and blend until a smooth spreadable consistency has formed.
- Either spread on toast or enjoy as a dip. Top with spring onion, whole frozen edamame beans and a sprinkle of black sesame seeds.
- 5.2g protein
- 9.4g carbs
- 13.1g fat