Delicious sweet potato wedges, perfect as an easy vegan side dish or snack
This easy vegan recipe for sweet potato wedges is one of our favourite quick snacks. You only need a few ingredients; sweet potato and a few spices. Then place into the oven for 30 minutes, and you’ve got yourself a super tasty snack! We’ve paired this recipe with a creamy vegan tahini and yoghurt dip, but it would also be delicious with some hummus or guacamole or even served as a side dish with a burger such as our beetroot and black bean burger or our vegan chicken tikka bhaji burger.
An easy vegan one-tray recipe
We all love a recipe that only involves one tray or pan. It means less washing up and less hassle all round. This recipe is just that which makes it perfect for a busy weeknight dinner, a quick mid-day meal whilst working from home, or a late-night snack whilst watching a movie. It’s also a really versatile recipe that can be cooked for so many different occasions, which is just another reason we love this recipe.
This sweet potato wedges recipe is:
- soft, sweet & spicy
- a delicious snack
- perfect with your favourite burger
- vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free and egg-free
- great with a creamy vegan dip
Spicy Vegan Sweet Potato Wedges
- 3 small sweet potatoes cut into wedges
- 2 tbsp rice bran oil
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp garlic granules
- 1/2 juice of a lemon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- spring onion chopped
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees.
- Add the sweet potato wedges to a large mixing bowl then add in the oil, smoked paprika, cayenne, garlic granules, lemon juice and salt. Toss so that all the seasonings have combined and are evenly coating the wedges.
- Lay the wedges out on a baking tray, and using a spatula, pour the remaining oil and spices from the bowl over the wedges. Then place the tray in the middle of the oven to cook for 30 minutes, until the potato is soft.
- Top with chopped spring onion and a pinch of paprika, and serve with our tahini yoghurt dip.