This delicious vegan pasta recipe is quick, simple and delicious.
I absolutely love cooking, but even I have to admit after a long day at work, all I want to make is an easy vegan dinner recipe. Sometimes I can’t be bothered with all the faffyness of a big dinner, let alone the washing up! This pasta recipe is ideal for when I’m in that mood because I can pop the veggies in the oven to roast and absolutely chill out for half an hour. All it takes to make is the one roasting tray, the blender, and the pot for the pasta, keeping that pesky washing up to a minimum.
This easy vegan dinner recipe is big on flavour.
Making sure that the recipe is simple is only half the battle. I’m not going to want to make a recipe again if it doesn’t satisfy on taste. This vegan pasta recipe is perfect because we made sure it’s both super simple and completely delicious. Throwing everything together on one roasting tray isn’t just easy, but it also means that all the flavours blend and combine. One of my favourite parts of making this dish is the roasted garlic! Simple chopped and cooked, garlic can add loads of flavour to any meal, but when it’s roasted, it turns into something else; it becomes sweeter and altogether more delicious! It’s also immensely satisfying to squeeze the roasted bulb and watch all that garlicky goodness added to the pasta sauce.
We often make a large portion of the pasta sauce and keep it in the fridge for leftovers.
This little bit of meal prep (if you can even call it that) means that we can have an even easier meal later in the week. Once you’ve made up the sauce, you can pop it in a container and keep it in the fridge. It will stay good for about a week. When you next want a simple dinner, all you need to do is warm the sauce up and add it to some pasta. If you were even more organised than Freya and I, you could even do proper meal-prepping and make the sauce at the beginning of the week. Then, any time you wanted a simple meal, you’d have it ready to go at a moment’s notice.
This easy vegan pasta recipe is so creamy and satisfying.
When you roast the butternut squash it becomes super soft and blends up incredibly smooth. The lovely butternut squash combined with a little bit of vegan cream ensures the sauce is silky and coats the spaghetti perfectly. Keeping aside half the tomatoes to dress the dish makes it look appetising whilst also helping to mix up the texture a little bit. This dinner would be a great option to serve with simple garlic bread for the exact same reason; the crunchiness of the garlic bread two would compliment perfectly with the silky pasta.
This easy vegan pasta recipe is:
- 100% vegan & dairy-free
- Zero hassle and quick to make
- Perfect to meal-prep
- Simply delicious
If you liked this recipe why not try:
- Creamy Mustard Mushroom Pasta – Easy Vegan Recipe
- Easy Vegan Creamy Sausage Pasta Recipe
- Super Greens Vegan Pesto Pasta
- Creamy Vegan Lemon, Garlic & Asparagus Pasta
Creamy Roasted Garlic, Tomato & Squash One Pot Pasta Recipe (Vegan)
For the roast veg
- 1 bulb of garlic
- 750 g butternut squash cubed
- 500 g cherry tomatoes
- 1 red pepper sliced
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1/2 tbsp pepper
- 1/2 tbsp oregano
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
For the rest of the dish
- 100 ml dairy-free cream
- 1/4 lemon juiced
- 50 ml water
- spaghetti for 6
- fresh basil for topping
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Add the whole garlic bulb chopped squash, tomatoes and red pepper to a big bowl. Cover with the oil, salt, pepper, dried oregano, basil, and parsley. Toss to coat. Add to a roasting tray and cook in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Put the spaghetti on to cook.
- Remove the veggies from the oven (leaving half the cherry tomatoes to one side) and add to a blender with the dairy-free cream and lemon juice. Add the water to the now-empty roasting tray and use that to get all the nice bits off the tray, then add into the blender. Blend until smooth.
- Drain your pasta, then add in the sauce and stir together.
- Top with the remaining whole cherry tomatoes and some fresh basil.